There are a number of options open for patients on long-term medication to re-order repeat prescriptions:
- Patient access - create your Online Access account here or download the NHS app to re-order prescriptions online
- Via local pharmacy collection service (prescription collection service) - please discuss with your local pharmacy as they may be able to help
- By e-mail - via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note this e-mail should not be used for clinical queries
- By phone - Currently we are experiencing a high volume of calls, please only phone if you are shielding or have otherwise agreed it with your doctor
- In person - clearly mark the items required on the tear-off part of your prescription and drop it into our external letterbox
- By post - send it to us with stamped addressed envelope if you want us to post it back to you
- Via local pharmacy collection service - please discuss with your local pharmacy as they may be able to help
The doctor has responsibility for every prescription they sign, and there may be instances where an item you request is not prescribed for you again due to clinical or other reasons.
Please can we remind patients that it is their responsibility to check that repeat prescriptions have been issued as requested. If a patient asks another person or pharmacy to collect their prescription from the surgery, this is still the patient's responsibility. Please be aware that dispensed items cannot be returned or the prescription charge reimbursed by the pharmacist.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to speak to a doctor, clinical pharmacist or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notifications should appear on your repeat slip or via text.
Please allow two full working days for prescriptions to be processed by the Surgery and remember to take weekends and bank holidays into account. The pharmacies may take another two days to process your request so allow 4-5 days to pick up your medication
Going away on holiday or work? Please be aware that you can collect your prescription from any pharmacy in England that is live with electronic prescribing - we can send a token to your mobile which you can show for medication collection!